Thursday, March 15, 2012

Christian Children's Book Authors Facebook Page

It's amazing how friendships develop. Since I started writing a few years ago, I've made some wonderful friends who also share my love of the written word. My genre is children's books and I'm finding there are many others who share that love.

Two of my friends who write for children are Aileen Stewart and Bryan Miles. I met Bryan about a year ago through a website called Fanstory.com. Fanstory is a site where writers can improve their skills through reviews when they share their poems, short stories, and novels.

I met Aileen a couple of months ago through Linkedin.com. Both Bryan and Aileen have each published a children's book that teaches a moral lesson. Bryan's book is titled, Faithful the Fire Truck. It is a delightful story about a fire truck that through its experiences teaches Christian concepts in a way children can understand.

Aileen's book is titled, Fern Valley. It was recently chosen out of over a thousand books as one of only thirty to be on the Kart Foundation Kids' List. http://www.kartfoundation.org/. Fern Valley is a book that teaches moral lessons like getting along with others. Congratulations Aileen and hopefully many more awards will be coming your way.

Bryan saw a need for Christian authors on Facebook to have a group page and so he did something about it. He formed a group called Christian Children's Book Authors. Both Aileen and I have joined this group. Bryan's vision was for a place where members could share information about books and upcoming events as well as share uplifting and inspiring testimonies. Bryan is a gifted poet and I can't wait for him to post some of these for everyone to read.

Even though we can't sit down face-to-face, the feelings of friendship transcend miles. Membership is growing on this Facebook page, so I hope you will check it out and come make new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment