Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Blogging and Starting Over

This makes the fourth blog I've started. The first three, I guess, were practice blogs. I hope this one will be a keeper. I've learned a lot in the past two weeks about the social media and how important it is for marketing. Two weeks ago, I didn't even know what a tweet was or how to make one. Now I have followers and I'm following.

Recently a friend on facebook suggested I create a fan page on facebook. So, there is now a "Tired of My Bath" facebook fan page. However, this page was set up by my daughter, Kristin. Why is it that our children know more than we do about the social media maze?

As I navigate through the maze, I feel like I'm learning to ride my bicycle all over again, and it's important to keep the training wheels on for my protection. This ride is one that's a little scary, but hopefully, as I go along, I'll begin to feel more secure and even venture to take off the training wheels. With friends on facebook and twitter, I know someone will pick me up if I fall.

I so appreciate writers like Hope Clark, who systematically write blogs that give advice in detail on how to navigate the social media. There are others, as well, but I'm more familiar with her because I went to a workshop she presented at weatherscreek. Ever since that workshop I respect her writing and advice.

The farm at weatherscreek is a wonderful place in the middle of a pasture in Piedmont, North Carolina. Susan and Cindy Campbell, along with Ann Wicker, host published authors and writers once a month at the farm. These authors and writers present workshops on varied subjects that will help others improve on the craft of writing. I have grown as a writer because of attending these workshops. If interested in more information on either weatherscreek or Hope Clark, they can be found on facebook and twitter. Hope Clark also has a blog that can be found on blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment