Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blogging: Starting Over Part Two




The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of facebook, twitter, blogging and everything else in between. Since I'm beginning to understand some of the language, and how to link, and copy and paste, the whirlwind is starting to slow down. For those of you who grew up since your diaper days with the computer you don't have a clue as to how hard it is for people like me, who are not computer savvy. I must say, however, I've been fortunate to have friends who've been willing to help me with this process.

In my first blog, Starting Over, I said a big thank you to Hope Clark and the Farm at Weatherscreek. Hope Clark led a workshop that I attended there over a year ago. I learned organizational tools from her which has become instrumental in my growth as a writer. One such tool was to just sit down in the chair and write. Easy enough? Maybe. Maybe not.

Now that I'm a writer, and actually have published a children's book, "Tired of My Bath," I'm on to the next phase of discovery and growth, which is marketing. In order to market, you must, and I mean must, put yourself into the social media stream. I learned that from Jeff Elder's workshop. Guess where that workshop was held? You're right, the Farm at Weatherscreek. The website is www.weatherscreek.net.
Fortunately, I've had friends along the way to help me with swimming through the stream. One of those friends is Cyndi Allison. Cyndi is not only a blogspot blogger, but she also teaches a class on social media at a local college. Her students are fortunate to have her as a teacher, and I was fortunate that she helped me set up my blog page. From her, I learned it's important to add tags. Don't laugh. There are others who don't know about tags either. Now, if I could only remember how to...

No comments:

Post a Comment