Sunday, September 25, 2011

SCBWI Carolinas Conference in Charlotte

This past weekend was a whirlwind of workshops and meeting new people at the SCBWI Carolinas Conference in Charlotte, NC. Many of those who attended the conference have other jobs or interests, but everyone I met has a passion for writing and especially for children. I can't thank my new friends enough for their suggestions about how to promote and market my books, Tired of School and Tired of My Bath.
The workshops were well organized and informative, with a lot of work behind the scenes to get ready. Jenn Bailey, one of the presenters, especially opened my eyes to a world out there I didn't even know existed. That world is Google + 1. Well, I knew it existed, but I didn't know how to play in the circle so to speak. I signed up today and have had fun playing this afternoon. I hope some of you will come join me.
I'm already excited about going to the conference next year and can't wait to see what new things I'll learn and new people I'll meet. In the meantime, I have a lot of living to do and a lot of circles to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment